Many people play casino online games for fun. But some people are in it for the money. After all, you may have heard of people who won millions from playing casino games. But who are these people, and how much did they actually make? We review some of the biggest casino Jackpot Wins in history:
The Biggest Casino Jackpot Wins
The following individuals have shown that making away with good money in casino games can be a reality.
1. Adrian & Gillian Bayford – £260 million
Many people play the lottery, hoping to win the jackpot and improve their lives. But for Adrian and Gillian, this is no longer something in the back of their minds. This lucky couple walked away with £260 million from the EuroMillions lottery. So, if you were about to stop playing the lottery, you might now have a reason to keep going.
2. Gloria Mackenzie: $370.9 million
Adrian and Gillian are not the only lucky lottery winners. While the chances of winning lotteries are slim, those who win walk away with the lion’s share of the prize money. Take Gloria as an example. At 85, she walked away with $370.9 million, proof that the lottery could change one’s life at any age!
3. John Orchard – £5.9 million
Online bingo has been a hit since its inception. But who knew it could pay out millions? John does! This former JobCenter worker played a game worth 30p and walked away with £5.9 million! It’s safe to say that he got enough money to fund his retirement.
4. Ashley Revell – $270,600
This player may not have walked away with millions, but his story is one for the books. This man sold everything he had – his home, car, clothes, etc. And he came up with $135,300. His goal? He would head to Las Vegas, where he would stake it all on one bet. So, with his family and a crew by his side, he headed to the casino and placed it all on red in roulette. Following this brave move, he walked away with double what he had staked. And he used the money to start his life all over again. He even created a website about the same. Would you risk it all for a chance at a new life?
So, the next time someone insists that the house always wins, you can count on these examples as proof that players can also win.
How to Win Big in Casinos
You’re probably looking at these wins and wondering how you can also bag such money. It turns out that winning comes down to a few principles:
- Do not wager money on a game you do not understand. If you want to play a game, start by learning its rules. Also, practice the game enough to understand how it works. This point is crucial for games of skill as they rely on strategy more than luck.
- Only use money you can afford to lose. All successful casino players have a budget that they follow. Know what you can use in games without hurting your lifestyle. And when you deplete this amount, stop playing.
- Do not play when intoxicated or depressed. Some drugs and emotions can get in the way of making good decisions. If you are not at your best, avoid casino games and use that time to cool off.
- Refrain from wagering large amounts at first. Start with smaller amounts unless you’re willing to risk losing all your bankroll. You will see how your gameplay fairs and then decide if you should use more considerable wagers.
Also, while the goal might be to make money, have some fun! Casinos are great places to unwind, meet new people, and even make lifelong connections. Don’t be so invested in the money that you lose out on these social wins.